To Bangalore

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 0 Comments

Finally i got the travel dates for the next Bangalore assignment. Today Praveen told me that i may come to Bangalore some time around next Wednesday. I may have to go to Hyderabad and Ranchi also. However thats not yet confirmed. It has been almost a year since my last outstation assignment and like all my previous ones this is also shaping up to be a hectic one.

Leisure Week

Sunday, May 25, 2008 0 Comments

I was in office during the past week and i can say for sure that i didnt do any worthwhile work during that period. But i guess if i had to go to Bangalore (which may happen sometime during this week) i shall have a truckload of tasks to complete within a short period.

School Days

Sunday, May 18, 2008 0 Comments

I was in Oriental English Medium School at Pazhuvil for the best part of last week. I have to say, it was a gerat experience. On Monday am going to Office to finish the statements.

Back to office

Monday, May 12, 2008 0 Comments

The exams are finally over and with that my 'vacation' has also come to an end. From tomorrow onwards i have to go to office. It seems that i may have to go Bangalore soon for an assignment there. In that case i think i will be out of here for at least one month. I will get the details once i rejoin tomorrow.

Indirect Taxes

Saturday, May 10, 2008 0 Comments

IDT was not as bad as i expected. I dont think i will fail in IDT. However i may not get the 60% am looking for an exemption. So whatever be the result in todays exam, i will have to do it again in November. Anyway, exams are over and in two days its going to be that same boring routine - 'Home-office-Home'. I plan to study Income Tax as soon as possible because i may not get enough time for the November exams because of the Tax audit schedule.

Income Tax


Todays exam, Income Tax was a total blast. The nail in my coffin. One thing is sure, i will never pass Income tax and so i will never clear Group 2. I have decided to start preparing from Monday onwards for the next exam in November.


Thursday, May 8, 2008 0 Comments

I am not satisfied with my performance in todays Exam - MICS. The strangest thing was that i was not able to recollect many points even though i had revised. SO now its almost over now for me, at least in this group. Even if i clear all the 4 papers i don't think i will get the group minimum mark, 50%. Another interesting thing is that i failed miserably in all the 3 papers which i thought i would do well (Accounting, MICS and Costing). Now the Tax Twins remain. I don't think i can do well in those.

Cost Management

Wednesday, May 7, 2008 0 Comments

The emotions i felt today after completing the exam were same as i felt after my Accounting exam. It was a tough paper and i dont think i will get the minimum marks (40%) for a pass. Now only 3 remian. I hope i can do well in those.

Corporate Laws

Tuesday, May 6, 2008 0 Comments

Corporate law was easier than i expected and i was able to answer all the required number of questions. I am reasonably certain that i will pass, but whether getting just the pass mark is enough is entirely another question. I am satisfied with todays performance as i was able to answer all the questions (i never thought i could do that because i had skipped a lot of chapters). Now First Group is over and (apart from Accounting) i believe i will pass in Other 3 Papers.


Monday, May 5, 2008 0 Comments

Auditing was comparatively easy this time around. I managed to answer almost all the required number of questions in a relatively satisfactory manner. Hence i believe that i will pass this one. But the real problem is that if i fail accounting, result of this exam is irrelevant as i still have to write this paper again even though i clear it this time. I have to get 60 marks otherwise and quite frankly i don't think i will get that much.

Accounting and MAFA

Saturday, May 3, 2008 0 Comments

Accounting and MAFA exams are over and its just getting hotter with 6 back to back exams next week beginning on Monday. Accounting was a very tough paper (at least for me) and i don't think i will even get the minimum for a pass, 40 Marks. My expectation is in the range of 25-35 Marks. I completely skipped questions worth 21 Marks and i know for sure that i have given wrong answers for questions worth another 15 Marks. So i don't think i will get the pass mark. About MAFA, its exactly the opposite story. The paper was relatively easy one and i was able to answer all the required questions. I expect anything above 40% with a remote chance of getting 60%. Now Auditing and Law remain in Group 1.

GlossyBlue Blogger by Black Quanta. Theme & Icons by N.Design Studio
Entries RSS Comments RSS